Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Bison Bison Bison and a little Yellowstone....

Am I bragging yet? Yesterday we had a meeting in Yellowstone park regarding the White Bark Pine Trees, they are dying and the meeting was about both preservation and restoration. Very interesting stuff. I was just an observer, but was glad to learn about it! We left at 6am and arrived at our destination in Yellowstone at 9am, and here the first thing I see are a few bison out having breakfast.......

















How would you like to wake up to find these guys in your front yard?
I have learned that no matter where you are, Bison have the right of way...........

After the meeting we were able to spend a couple hours driving around Yellowstone to see a few things........here are a few pics........


Today, Anna (one of the other interns) and I finished mapping the bike pathway, I biked, she rollerbladed, and we were out there from noon to 5pm, it was fantastic. When we were done we took a break to pop in the shop at South Jenny Lake for an ice cream, but first we had to finish our work.....
I am still amazed that I have the opportunity to do this, I am having the time of my life and can't think of a better way to spend my summer!

1 comment: