Tuesday, July 14, 2009

And I got paid to ride my bike today......

So, we're almost done with signs inventory, happy to move on to the next assignment, but at the same time really enjoyed it and didn't mind it at all. Then, yesterday we were told that we also needed to do signs inventory on the paved bike pathway in the park - of course, the two other interns and I had to arm wrestle for it, and somehow I won! Today I got to ride my bike for 3 hours, I got paid to do it, and it was a beautiful day! I am about 25% done so hopefully on Thursday I can pick up where I left off!

















I was also able to take some pictures of some of the wildflowers in the park - still learning them, I've bought books on both wildflowers and wildlife - who knew there would be so much to learn. Don't even get me started on the glaciers and topography! At any rate, today's focus was wildflowers...... The red one is called "Indian Paintbrush" and the white one I think is "Yampah"



















I am not sure what the purple is, maybe a primrose? And the berries have me bewildered in the wilderness! Tomorrow we head to Yellowstone for a meeting regarding the White Bark Pine Trees, apparently they are dying off and there is hope for saving them. Should be interesting! Will post more soon, until then, adios amigos!

No comments:

Post a Comment