Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Another Day at the Office......

I am now half way through my 2nd week here, time is flying and I'm having fun! I've been out in the field taking signs inventory, this means we were out in the park working, but from time to time we take a moment to look up from the GPS to appreciate what we were surrounded by.

Yesterday, we drove to the top of the Signal Mtn Summit and then walked down a little path, from there you could see forever and a day....










and we also saw a USGS Survey Point, which I love finding!













We also saw Cascade Canyon from across Jenny Lake.....















After work I saw a "Moose Jam", which is a traffic jam caused by people trying to see a moose, there are also "Bear Jams" but I haven't seen one of those yet.....I walked a good 1/4 mile and down an embankment to see if I could see the Moose and this is what I saw.....






hmmmmmf......the moose was resting by the time I got there, so the antlers were all I got to see, I was wondering if I was ever going to get to see a whole moose....








At any rate, I wanted to go on a bike ride on the paved trail in the park, so I hopped on my bike and off I went.....here is part of the path I take.....



I was riding along enjoying the scenery, the fresh air, and the end of day sunshine when I noticed people pulling their cars over on the side of the road next to my bike path, I know now that this means a "jam" of some sort, I looked across the street to see what they were looking at and saw nothing....then saw people get out of their cars and run to MY side of the street, I looked ahead of me and right next to my bike path this is what I saw...........



Momma and baby crossed the street and went on their merry way, and so did I....it was amazing......all in all a pretty good day!


I can't wait to find out what I will get to see tomorrow!!!!









1 comment: