Monday, August 3, 2009

OH WHAT A WEEKEND!!!!

Since I left N.C. the day after I finished my exams there was no time to celebrate my graduation, so my Mom and I decided to celebrate in Wyoming!

Mom arrived early in the morning last Friday and we headed over to the Jackson Lake Lodge for lunch, it was a beautiful day and we stepped outside to take in the view.





















On Saturday we had lined up a spa day in town - deluxe pedicures, haircuts, makeup and all, it was a blast!

After the spa we spent the day looking for wildlife in the park, we saw some elk, moose, a blue heron, and our favorite, the bison!









This big guy came strolling up while Mom and I were visiting "Mormon Row", I saw him coming our way, so we headed toward the car and a minute later he was standing right where we had been. He's a big softy though - I later took a video of him rolling in the dirt that you can see below (turn the sound off if you don't want to listen to my mom and I chit chatting during the video).....






We also went to the the National Wildlife Museum across from the National Elk Refuge, it was fun to look at all the wildlife art, they had a special piece there that we both fell in love with by Robert Bateman, it's called "Chief", can't show it here but you should look it up - amazing piece of work!

Here are a couple pictures of Mom with the Elk refuge behind her, the National Elk Refuge is a place where thousands of elk migrate to in the winter to feed, they say it is amazing, and the other picture is on the patio of the museum when we took a break from walking around....




















On Saturday night we ate dinner at a nice little restaurant here in town called "The Blue Lion". Yummy food, great atmosphere! We had a really nice time!




Sunday we wandered the park again, this time to stop off at the turnouts and read the information about the park

We learned about glaciers, this one is the Teton Glacier and it's the largest in the park. Glaciers
are amazing, I'd love to learn more about them!



Then we went down to the snake river to take a little break - it's absolutely beautiful out here, I can't begin to describe it, I suggest anyone who hasn't seen this area of Wyoming, put it on your list of things to see before you die!










Here's an old barn on Mormon Row, I thought it was neat looking.....








I only have 8 days left here in Wyoming, it's so hard to believe as it feels like I have just arrived! I'll post more before I leave.....and look forward to seeing you all again really soon! :) Pam

1 comment:

  1. What an amazing place! I have enjoyed reading your blog and seeing all the photographs. I particularly like the one shot down the side of the old barn on Mormon Row and earlier shots in the side mirror of your bike; creative! Looks like you've had an amazing summer. I'm looking forward to meeting you with Donna on your return to NC. -DB

    ReplyDelete